Hope this email finds you well. Thank you for your understanding during my bereavement leave, and also for the kind cards, flowers, and words many of you shared with me upon my return. They were much appreciated, and I am glad to be back among you! Here's the latest news:
- 12 February: Coffee Morning, 10 AM - 12 PM, St. Mary's Centre, PE28 2AY
- 19 February: Health Walk, 10 AM, meet outside St. Mary's Centre, PE28 2AY
- 26 February: Coffee Morning, 10 AM - 12 PM, St. Mary's Centre, PE28 2AY
- 03 March: Scrabble Afternoon, 1:30 - 3 PM, Our Shop. Also on offer this month, chess and checkers! Come have a game.
- 11 March: Coffee Morning, 10 AM - 12 PM, St. Mary's Centre, PE28 2AY
- 18 March: Health Walk, 10 AM, meet outside St. Mary's Centre, PE28 2AY
- 21 March: The 2020 Great British Spring Clean! 10 AM - 12 noon, meet at the clock tower. Once again, H&W Timebankers will be out in full force to tidy up the village. We need participants of all ages to come and help. Litter picking and safety gear provided by Huntingdonshire District Council. Our Shop will provide coffee and pastries before the start.
- 26 March: Timebank Quiz, Sports Pavillion. Further details TBA soon.
- Date TBA: Timebank fundraiser - Night at the Pub - at the Three Horseshoes. We're looking forward to another Night at the Pub event, which proved popular last fall. This time our hosts will be The Three Horseshoes, who have kindly agreed to donate a percentage of their evening's takings to The Timebank. So, we want to make sure it is a full house! Keep your eyes peeled for an announcement on the exact date and time (anticipated late February or early March), and get ready to book your table!
If you would like to mark your calendars even further out, remember that - with the exception of the holiday months of August and December - coffee mornings are on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month, and health walks take place on the 3rd Wednesday of the month. We look forward to seeing you!
- Donations needed - children's books. The lending library at the clock tower is in need of children's books. If you have a book to give, please take it to the library and deposit it. They are full on adult books at this time (so if you need new reading material for yourself, take a look!).
- Donations needed - Cakes needed for Timebank coffee mornings - please let Lane know if you can assist.
- Cleaning activity: More participants are needed for some dusting and hoovering at the village church - a small commitment of approximately 1 hour every 2+ months. While this is chiefly staffed by congregation members, they are hopeful that some others in the village might be interested in assisting in the care taking of the historic building. This is a great opportunity for Timebankers to give back to the church, which provides the facilities for our coffee mornings. - please let Lane know if you can assist.
- Office-work: Office help needed for the Parish Council and Timebank next week, start time and duration at your convenience - please let Lane know if you can assist.
- Office-work: Our Shop is looking for someone to spend a couple hours a month keeping their Facebook and/or website up to-date - great opportunity for someone who can't assist during business hour shifts. Please let Lane know if you can assist.
- Transportation: A tip run is needed for the Toddler Group, which wants to get rid of some old paints and broken toys. They anticipate everything would fit in a car's back seat. Please let Lane know if you can assist.
- Gardening: 10 tree loving individuals, couples, or families needed to volunteer for our pilot Adopt-A-Tree ("Pick-a-pine?" We're also looking for a catchy name!) program. You/your family will be matched with a tree on village public land (we will try to pick a tree very near to your residence), which you will be asked to to keep an eye on until January 2021. No heavy pruning - just keeping the ivy off and alerting the contact point if there is any concern about disease. We'll provide instruction as needed, and a host of encouragement and fun rewards. Please let Lane know if you are interested.
- Tools: The Bowls club is in need of a power saw to use in demolishing a shed. Please let Lane know if you can assist.
- Time Credit Spending Opportunities: Remember, you can exchange your time credits earned for individual exchanges or for helping at group events for experiences at a number of local businesses and groups through Tempo Time Credits. To find out where, browse the possibilities at timecredits.com. Then contact Lane to organise collecting your vouchers and making a booking. Here's a spotlight on one spending opportunity - St. Ives Adult Learning Center. Generally, members can exchange one hour of time credits for one hour of course instruction. All sorts of topics are on offer, from first aid to foreign language, car mechanics to fine art. Several cuisine specific cooking classes strike my interest! There are term classes and also one day workshop type classes. Check out the opportunity starting here, and contact Lane for info on how to redeem your credits.
- Our Shop is offering mobile phone recycling at the current time. Bring your unwanted phones down to the shop and drop them in the box by the community table.
Please let me know if you have any additional requests or offers to include in the new update.