Frequently Asked Questions
- What age do I need to be to join the Time Bank? Can my children join?
Any age! All are welcome and we have members from ages 6-95 years old. The TIme Bank encourages everyone to get involved.
- Can I join for free? Are there any forms I have to fill out? And do I need to attend any meetings?
You are welcome to attend as many meetings as you wish, but there is currently no requirement.
- What if I have nothing to give in return for someone's time?
This does not matter, everyone has something to give whether it be your knowledge of chess or baking skills. The Time Bank will support you all the way.
- I haven't earned any hours; can I still ask for help?
Yes, the hours are for tracking purposes and we will support everyone who needs our help.
- Why do you ask for references?
As we are going in to other peoples homes, we ask for references to ensure we are all safe.
- How do I know what is happening in the Timebank?
The Timebank Co-ordinator Vickie Graham will keep you updated by email or telephone, you can also follow our Facebook page or Twitter link. Both are at the bottom of this page.
- I need help completing a task, how do I make a request for help?
By contacting Vickie Graham either through email, by telephone or by visiting the St Mary's Centre on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.
- If someone gives me a lift do I need to pay for petrol?
Yes petrol is charged at 45 pence per mile and you will pay the driver. It is a good idea to have worked out your journey in advance so you know how much you will have to pay.