Frequently Asked Questions
- What age do I need to be to join the Time Bank?
Any age! All are welcome and we have members from ages 6-95 years old. The TIme Bank encourages everyone to get involved.
- What if I have nothing to give in return for someone's time?
This does not matter, everyone has something to give whether it be your knowledge of chess or baking skills. The Time Bank will support you all the way.
- I haven't earned any hours can I still ask for help?
Yes, the hours are for tracking purposes and we will support everyone who needs our help.
- Can I join for free and do I need to regularly attend meetings.
Joining is free, you will need to fill in a registration form and I will ask for two references, these can be friends or colleagues. You are welcome to attend as many meetings as you wish.
- Why do you ask for references?
As we are going in to other peoples homes, we ask for references to ensure we are all safe?
- If someone gives me a lift do I need to pay for petrol?
Yes petrol is charged at 45 pence per mile and you will pay the driver. It is a good idea to have worked out your journey in advance so you know how much you will have to pay.
- Can my children join?
Yes we accept members of any age.
- How do I know what is happening in the Time Bank?
The Time Co-ordinator Vickie Graham will keep you updated by email or telephone, you can also follow our Facebook page or Twitter link. Both are at the bottom of this page.
- I need a help completing a task, how do I make a request for help?
By contacting Vickie Graham either through email, by telephone or by visiting the St Mary's Centre on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.