Welcome to the Houghton & Wyton Time Bank news page.
03 July 2019Feast Week help needed!
Calling all volunteers! There are opportunities to volunteer at Feast Week.
(1) On Thursday 11 Jul, at the Timebank's second annual Houghton & Wyton remembers event. We will have the pavilion with films playing, a photography exhibition of past events in the village and a display about the Discovering Houghton & Wyton book launched last year. We will be having an afternoon event with tea, coffee and cake from 1.30-3.30pm and then an evening show with a bar and nibbles from 8pm - 10pm. The Timebank is looking for some help with this event in the following ways:
- Cakes, can anyone bake a cake for the afternoon event.
- Serving tea and coffee
- Set up of tables, chairs and displays in the morning of the event.
- Any teenagers who have finished school and could help for a few hours on Thursday would be gratefully received and fed cake
(2) On Saturday 6 Jul, it is fete day for Feast week and the feast week committee are looking for helpers to spend an hour on one of the stalls. All of the stalls this year are traditional games and you will be handing out the prizes. If you can spare some time, please contact Vickie. Also if you wish to come along to fete day and don't want to come along alone, please let Vickie know and she can put you in touch with other people who are attending.
Vickie's contact info: 07484524180, email@example.com
18 June 2019Volunteers needed for Feast Week!
Houghton & Wyton Feast week are loking for volunteers to man stalls on fete day Saturday 6th July for shifts occurring between 12-4 pm. If you can spare an hour or two to support this fantastic event, please contact Ian Marchant on the Feast Week's Facebook Page or Vickie at the Timebank to find out more!
17 June 2019Befriending Masterclass Opportunity
On July 2, Vickie & other Timebank members will be attending a free masterclass on Good Practice in Befriending, sponsored by Befriending Networks. Would you like to join? Email or call Vickie to join the group, or contact the event organisers to reserve your spot directly.
30 May 2019Upcoming Alzheimer's Society Fundraiser
Join H&W Timebank for an extra special coffee morning on Wednesday 12th June, raising funds for Alzheimer's Society cupcake day.
Cupcakes will be on sale from 8.30am for parents on school drop off, takeaway bags available from outside the St Mary's centre, more cupcakes, hot drinks and cold drinks available inside. If you can support us, please join us even if its just to buy a handmade cupcake. The coffee morning will continue through the morning open to everyone.
Please support this worthwhile cause.
08 May 2019Friends Against Scams
With support from Cambridge and Peterboruough Against Scams, the Timebank was pleased today to welcome Leon, CEO of Trading Standards who gave an address and tips to attendees on avoiding scams in today's technology age. Meanwhile, the church clothes sale raised over £180! A great community morning.